Information about cookies
A cookie is a small text file that is placed onto your computer (or other electronic device) when you access our website.
Our website may use each type of cookie in order to:
- Make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable
- Improve our services
- Recognise you whenever you visit this website and distinguish you from other users of our site
- Obtain information about your preferences and use of our site
- Provide you with advertising that is tailored to your interests
- Carry out research and data analysis to help us to improve our content and services and to better understand our customer preferences and interests
Cookies are used by all websites and do not harm your system.
We require your consent for all non-essential cookies used on our website. A pop-up will appear when you visit our website; at this point, you may choose to ‘opt-in’ to the use of some or all cookies.
You can block cookies (including essential cookies) at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block essential cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Like many other websites, third parties may also set cookies on our website. These third parties are responsible for the cookies they set on our site, and we have no control over them. For further information on how their cookie policies work, please visit their websites.
Cookies are either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page, but they do not collect any personal data from your computer;
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and remains there when you close your browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
We use a number of different cookies on our site including:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to use our website effectively, such as when buying a product and/or service. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are the most popular. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These cookies allow our website to remember choices you have made and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services that you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They may be used to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
Account related cookies
Login related cookies
Orders processing related cookies
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities, and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
Email newsletters-related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
Surveys related cookies
Forms related cookies
When you submit data to us through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
How do I opt out?
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout